The first half of this year, I was in a reading drought. Seriously, aside from re-reading the Hunger Games trilogy and all three 50 Shades books, I read absolutely nothing.
Since I went on vacation the week of August 12 (and during our week of vacation, discovered how easy reading on my iPhone kindle app is), I’ve plowed through eight books, and am in the middle of two more. I wanted to give you a quick update about the books I’ve recently read:
- Bridesmaid Lotto, Rachel Astor. A fun book about falling in love after being selected for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. 4 stars.
- Divergent, Veronica Roth. My September book club read, and I give it 4 stars. Worth a read!
- Get Bunny Love, Kathleen Long. Quick, fun read. 3 stars.
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn. My August book club read, and I give it 2 stars. I didn’t love it.
- If You Can’t Stand the Heat, Robin Allen. Quick read, murder mystery. I had a hunch the whole time, but enjoyed it. I give it 3 stars, although I’d read more from this author in the future.
- Just the Way You Are, Barbara Freethy. Great read, and one I’m going to be recommending to my book club. 4.5 stars. I love that it comes with discussion questions.
- The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone, Emily Giffin. Incomplete short story, IMO, and I didn’t especially enjoy this book. 2 stars.
What are you reading now?