I thought it was fitting to start Five Things Friday in the middle of my first five-day weekend in a long time (and probably my last official long weekend for a long time). I’m hoping this will be a regular thing around these parts…five tidbits from my day (or week). Here we go!
1. I love facials. If I had to choose one spa treatment and forego all others for the rest of my life, I’d choose facials. I had one this morning, and it was everything I hoped for (and then some). If you’re in the Raleigh-Durham area, I highly recommend Skin Sense if you’re looking for a good spa. Today was my first visit there, and will definitely not be my last. I do have to send a big THANK YOU to my mother-in-law, who sent me a gift card for a spa treatment back when I passed the bar here. I know that was 2.5 years ago, but better late than never, right?
So today, I went and had their Four-Layered Facial, along with a scalp massage. My goal was to leave feeling rejuvenated, and hopefully look a little less haggard in the process. Goal accomplished!
2. I also love Iced Caramel Macchiatos. Seriously, I think my primary goal for my maternity leave (um, aside from figuring out how to care for a small child), is to figure out how to replicate these drinks. I’m going broke given the number of them I drink in any given month. My second-favorite Starbucks drink is a Pumpkin Spice Latte…which I just saw on their website launches on TUESDAY!!! Baby might be a little more wired than usual when I’m on leave and trying to recreate coffee drinks in the kitchen…
3. Today, I’m spending a part of my day organizing clippings, page sketches, and layout inspirations that I’ve pulled out of all of my Making Memories and Creating Keepsakes magazines. I feel like a scrapbook uber-nerd because of this. Well, not because I’m tossing what I don’t need and decluttering my scrapbook closet, but because before I put the clippings into binders, I’m decorating the binders with scrapbook supplies so they’re gorgeous. There may or may not be mod podge involved. And way too many embellishments.
4. My friend Dana and I went to CKC (Creating Keepsakes Convention) last weekend in Charlotte. We had a blast! Some of the page layouts we did during our classes are just gorgeous. Some are not, and need critical fixing before I’d use them in an actual layout. And we both learned a lesson about taking digital classes…they’re not worth it. It’s better to spend the cash on an online tutorial or figure it out ourselves.
5. I really wouldn’t object if I went into labor this weekend. I’ll be 38 weeks on Monday, and I love having an inside baby–but I’m so over working and being uncomfortable (which makes me feel whiny to even say since I’ve really only been uncomfortable for about two weeks). Hopefully my tea-drinking, tincture-taking, supplement-sucking, and walking will help move things along! (Although really, I’ve prepared myself that I could be pregnant for another 3-4 weeks. Which while not the most awesome thing, would still be ok. We have a lot to do still!)
What five things do you want to share today?